The online Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Special Education Intervention program enables you to transform the lives of your students by putting them on the right path for success.
Prepare to build, lead and participate in intervention programs to support students at their level of learning with minimal disruption. Learn to provide empirically validated interventions that build self-confidence in students through a near-seamless connection between classroom instruction and intervention.
Program Fast Facts:
- Learn effective, evidence-based interventions in the areas of behavior, literacy and numeracy.
- Complete the 30-credit program in less than 2 years.
- Study with respected RTI and MTSS experts.
- 100% online flexible format
- Applicants must have a valid U.S. teaching license.
Develop the intervention skills to help students who need additional educational support in an inclusive classroom environment.
M.Ed. Program Overview
- Practical - Practice what you learn in your current classroom environment by implementing intervention projects as part of your coursework.
- Specialized - Learn a focused curriculum that equips you with the skills to coordinate and deliver evidence-supported interventions in the areas of behavior, literacy and numeracy that address students where they are in their education through assessment.
- Focused - Study behavior, math and literacy interventions and choose one as an area of focus. Build a portfolio of information in your chosen area that you can apply to your degree-culminating capstone paper.
- Expert - Learn from faculty who are board-certified behavioral analysts, interventionists, psychologists and national advisory board members for Response to Intervention (RTI) and Multi-tiered System of Support (MTSS) programs.
- Accredited - Learn in a NCATE-accredited curriculum held to a higher standard that assures quality, promotes excellence and fosters continuous improvement.
A Special Curriculum Note: The M.Ed. in Intervention is housed in the Special Education Program at Winthrop because the assignments are developed to specifically address National Board Professional Teaching Standards; however, it is not exclusively a Special Education program and does not lead to specific licensure.
Prepare to assist students at their level of need with an online M.Ed. in Special Education Intervention from Winthrop. Take the first step. Complete the form above to receive a free brochure.