Earn a degree grounded in excellence that will enable you to create meaningful change and promote human and community well-being. Winthrop University’s online Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) offers a curriculum focused on empowerment practice. This degree will prepare you to improve lives and communities as a competent, specialized social worker. Learn to use culturally relevant assessment, intervention and evaluation methods with individuals, families, groups, communities and organizations.
Program Fast Facts:
- Graduates are eligible to apply for state social work licensure at the master’s level – state licensure requirements vary
- Program options for students who hold an undergraduate degree in social work from a CSWE-Accredited program as well as students with no social work background
- Complete the Advanced Standing Program in 2 years
- Complete the Traditional Program in 3 years
- Classes Start: Traditional (August 2018); Advanced Standing (January 2019)
Positions for social workers are expected to grow 15 percent by 2026, faster than the average profession.1
Build Your Knowledge with Our Support
- Two Program Options: The 60-credit hour Traditional Program or the 39-credit hour Advanced Standing Program for those who have earned an undergraduate degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited program. An undergraduate degree in social work does not guarantee acceptance into the Advanced Standing Program.
- Focused: Study a unique specialization in empowerment practice.
- Accredited: Earn your degree from a program that satisfies rigorous CSWE accreditation standards and is grounded in the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Dedicated: Get the dedicated faculty assistance you need throughout the program.
- Field Placement: Receive individualized assistance finding field work for your internships.
Prepare to help people and communities with an online M.S.W. degree from Winthrop University. Take the first step. Complete the form above to receive a free program brochure.
1 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook.